Saturday, November 13, 2010

My message to Boise St. and TCU

Play real teams.

It's just that simple.  You want compete for a National Title?  You want be taken seriously?  Then quit playing these weak schedules.  No one cares if they can beat New Mexico State, or Cuyahoga Community College.  Sure, they've played a couple of good teams here and there(and no, I don't think Utah was a real team), but you need to be challenged more than once every couple of months.

Let's take LSU for example.  I personally think that LSU should be ahead of both Boise St. and TCU, even though they have a loss.  Now, LSU may take on some gimme wins, like McNeese St., but at the same time, they have to take on teams in their conference.  Tennessee, Florida, Auburn, Alabama, and Arkansas are just a couple of these.  I feel that Stanford, Wisconsin, and a couple of other teams as well should also be above Boise St. and TCU.

I think that it's pathetic that teams can take pad their schedule, throw in one or two good teams, and waltz their way into a big bowl game, while other teams are out there proving themselves week in and week out. 

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not saying that Boise St. or TCU aren't good teams.  I'm saying that they need to prove to me that they are good teams.  And so far, neither team has done this.

So how can they do that?  They can always make their schedules tougher.  If these teams wanna play in the Mountain West Conference, that's fine.  But, you then need to make your non-conference games more challenging.  Another option, is they can make the jump to the larger conferences like the Big 10, Big 12, SEC, and prove your mettle on a weekly basis.

With all this being said, I am not going to Discount that Boise State is ranked fourth, and TCU ranked third.  But for their sake, I hope that when it comes to finishing out their season, they can win and prove they are not just a wanna-be teams taking advantage of how the BCS does its rankings.

No comments:

Post a Comment